Chapter 1 ~ The Beginning
*2 years ago*
It all happened there. In the abandoned building Vicky with her friends wanted to check out. Climbing the wall wasn't hard for teenagers used to such things. The building looked like some kind of "ruin out of horror". Wind was blowing threw the broken windows making creepy noises.
- Don't you guys think it's kind of creepy? - Mike, a black haired boy, the youngest in this group, finnaly broke the silence.
Everyone looked back at him with sighs full of disappointmen.
- Mikey don' be afraid, I'll save you if any bad ghosts decide to attack you - Bruno, the macho of the streets with short, brown hair laughed at the younger one.
- Yea sure.. and who will save you? - very thin, blonde guy named Andy, who was this group's "brain" started to laugh as he continued on walking through the corridor.
Only Vicky stayed silent as boys kept on arguing. It was always like that. Bruno was all about strengt, Andy all about brains, and Mike was very agile... they all were needed for them to survive. But as for her.. she kept them together.
- Ok guys! Concentrate! And stop this nonsense... Nothing will attack us coz ghosts DO NOT exist.. - she said with irritated voice.
When she ended they were already silent. But not couse of her this time... It was coz they found a room. Room with many computers and one strange looking table.
- What the... - Andy couldn't say a word mesmerised by all the technology that was in here, untoched and still working if he'd help it a bit.
- Do you guys know what it can be? - Mike touched the table with his hand but took it away right after he saw lights on table to turn on.
- It looks like you're supposed to lay here - Vicky said after standing right next to him.
- Let's try it out! Andy make this baby moving! - Bruno clapped his hands with vicious smile.
Without any delay, the group started to work on making the strange thing work again. After that all that was left was to decide who will be the guinea pig. Of course the only brave one here was Vicky. Without any hesitation she decided to lay down first.
When she did, Andy started to work on computer completly in his own world. Bruon was standing next to the table in case anything bad happened so he could help Vicky. And Mikey was standing as far as possible too afraid to come closer as he saw the table glow.
- Ok. Everythin ready... I just need to make few more adjustments... aaaand.. OK! - Andy turned back to see if anything started.
There was only silence. And when they just started to think that it wont work anymore, Vicky
squealed as she felt a needle bite her nape. Then a strange panel moved from the table around her eyes keeping her head in. Bruno wanted to get her out at first but she said she's alraight. And that was all she was able to say coz she felt strangely sleepy. Her eyes closed and... darkness.
- Ooook... it is supposed to be like that, right genius? - Bruno looked at their friend.
- Don't ask me! I don't know what this thing i... wait... I have something on the screen.. What? Reading the DNA? Finding genetic memory? Selecting the timeline by the saved preferences? What is going on here? Oh! Wait... - Andy moved closed to the screen.
- I have something written here again.. Found an ancestor.. Jeanne d'Arc? What.. Loading genetec memory? Memory clasiffied under the file Swords of Eden.. - he kept on reading until they heard a scream that froze them.
They looked around suprised and only at the second scream they realised that it was Vicky who screamed. They never heard her make such a voice... like she was in horrible pain...
...The rest of the chapter can be found here: assassinvictoriefanfic.blogspo…